The Lead Risk Assessor training course provides information for those individuals who wish to perform lead-based paint Risk Assessment or Lead Hazard Screening services. This class will prepare students to perform on-site risk assessment, take samples, determine the severity of lead hazards, and develop options for eliminating those hazards. This course is approved by Virginia's Department of Professional Regulations, and is a prerequisite to obtaining a Virginia Lead Risk Assessor license.
The Lead Inspector training course is a pre-requisite for this class.
This 16-hour course includes the required 4 hours of hands-on training and covers the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of a risk assessor
- Regulatory review
- Collection of background information to perform risk assessment
- Visual inspection for the purpose of identifying potential sources of lead-based hazards
- Sources of environmental lead contamination such as paint, surface dust, water, air, packaging, and food
- Lead hazard screen protocol
- Sampling for other sources of lead exposure
- Interpretation of lead-based paint and other sampling results
- Development of hazard control options, the role of interim controls, and operations and maintenance activities to reduce lead-based paint hazards
- Preparation of a final risk assessment report
- Course review and examination