Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Have a question not on this list? Give CCWA a call: (804) 523-CCWA (2292)

General Questions

Paying for Courses:


How do I register for CCWA courses?

Registration through the CCWA online registration system is the fastest and most convenient way to register for courses. Register and pay with your VISA or MasterCard.

How to Register online:

  • Create a Student Profile:
    • This is a one-time process for new and returning students, and will provide you with your own personal, password-protected account.
    • You must have an e-mail address to complete the student profile.
  • Find Courses:
    • Browse all courses by category or search for a specific course. You also have the option to sort courses by location, instructor, price, and start date.
  • Add courses to your “Shopping Cart” and Checkout:
    • To select a course for registration, click “Add to Cart”. If a course is full you can add your name to the waiting list (if available).
    • Once you’ve selected your courses, click “Checkout”.
    • To “Checkout”, you must agree to the refund policy, and follow the directions to complete your registration with your credit card. You will received an e-mail confirmation within 24 hours.

How do I create a new student profile?

This is a one-time process for new and returning students, and will provide you with your own personal, password-protected account. You must have an e-mail address to complete the student profile.

NOTE: It is important that this section be completed as fully as possible. This information allows us to accurately process your course registrations, financial transactions and provides contact information for reminders and notices.

  1. Go to the "Sign In" page
  2. Click on "Create New Profile"
  3. Fill out the New Profile Form
  4. Click "Submit"
  5. You will then get an e-mail confirmation of your profile set up. Congratulations! You may now select your courses and complete your registration.

How do I update my profile? 

You may edit or update your student profile at any time. After signing in, access the link entitled “My Profile” to change any of the information. Click “Edit” at the bottom of the page. You may then edit any the profile fields. When you are finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Submit”.

What if I forgot my username?

If you forgot your username please click the “Forgot Username” link to the right of username box on the “Sign In” page. The link will take you to a username request form page. You must enter your e-mail address and then type your answer to your Identity Verification Question. Then an e-mail with your username will be sent to you.

What if I forgot my password?

If you forgot your password you can easily reset it. Click “Forgot Password” link to the right of password box on the “Sign In” page. Enter your e-mail address and a Password Reset will be sent to you. The link to reset your password will expire in 24 hours.

Do I have to pay when I register for a course?

Yes. Course fees are due at the time of registration. Payment plans may not be used for non-credit tuition. Attending without payment or auditing courses is not allowed. Third Party Payment options are available. 

Do you offer financial aid or assistance?

We offer multiple programs, including Veterans’ Benefits, to assist students who are unable to afford the tuition for training.  For more information, please visit our website or contact us at (804) 523-CCWA (2292). 

Do I have to register online or use my credit card?

Registering online and paying by credit card is the fastest and most convenient way. If you prefer, you may also register by mail or in person. Complete the registration form and enclose a check or money order payable to CCWA. Visit any CCWA location during office hours to register and pay with check or cash (exact amount) at any location.

What if I want my organization to pay for my courses (Third Party Payment)? 

If your tuition is being paid by a third party (employer, government agency, foreign embassy), submit a purchase/training order or letter of authorization with your registration. You can submit these forms in person, by mail, or fax to 804-371-3414.

Mailing Address:

Community College Workforce Alliance
Course Registration
P . O. Box 677
Midlothian, VA  23113 

What is your refund policy?

Participants may withdraw and receive a full refund provided a written request is received at least five business days before the course is scheduled to begin. Withdrawals must be completed by notifying CCWA in writing by email to No refund will be issued if the request is made less than five business days prior to the course start date. 

What if there is inclement weather, where can I find out course cancelation information? 

You will be notified and you can visit our website for closure information.

Does CCWA offer courses to businesses for professional development?

CCWA customized training is convenient – at your place or ours, scheduled to fit your business needs and priced to meet your organizational budget. For more information concerning CCWA’s custom training solutions please call (804) 523-CCWA (2292). Ask for a Client Solutions Manager.