OSHA 30-Hour General Industry course covers OSHA policies, procedures and standards as well as general industry safety and health principles. Topics include scope and application of the OSHA general industry standards. Special emphasis is placed on hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention. This course is designed for supervisors or workers with some safety responsibility. OSHA 30 Hour General Industry card will be provided upon successful completion of this course.
- Describe the effects of workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Explain the mission, focusing on the importance, of OSHA.
- Describe the organization, origin and codification of OSHA standards.
- Describe the process and rules for OSHA inspections, citations, penalties, and policies.
- Describe elements, guidelines and OSHA programs relating to safety and health programs in General Industry worksites.
- Recognize hazards and requirements covered under OSHA’s General Industry standard, 29 CFR 1910.
- Identify hazard associated with general industry standards, proper avoidance measures, control and prevention.