This course is designed to enhance participants' skills and ability to establish positive, productive partnerships with parents. The course will identify the principles of effective communication with parents and discuss techniques and strategies for dealing with difficult parent-teacher situations.
- Gain an understanding of the roles of the teacher and the parent in the school-age child care relationship.
- Identify and use principles of effective communication with parents.
- Discuss and experience effective communication tools such as parent-teacher conferences, portfolio/anecdotal notes, newsletters and bulletin boards.
- Learn techniques and strategies for dealing with difficult parent-provider situations.
- Identify strategies designed to increase parent involvement.