This course will allow the participants to use their knowledge of the characteristics of preschool children to better understand the reasons for and process of developing thematic units to guide learning. Long-term and short-term goals will be discussed, and participants will learn the web technique for creating and presenting age and stage appropriate activities in a thematic unit based on these goals. Participants will also learn how to share this information with parents and how to encourage their involvement in the thematic activities.
- Review the characteristics of preschool children, ages three to five, and describe how these characteristics should be considered when planning activities.
- Develop appropriate long-term and short-term goals for preschooler that addresses development in all domains (physical, language, cognitive, and social/emotional).
- Learn the importance of using thematic units in guiding the learning of preschoolers.
- Plan and organize an effective means of presenting thematic activities.
- Learn techniques for sharing goals with parents.