The Optician Reinstatement Course is designed as a self-paced preparatory course for those individuals that need or are interested in being reinstated in the Opticianry field.
Topics covered and reviewed in this course are:
- Ophthalmic materials
- Ophthalmic optics and equipment
- Ophthalmic spectacle lens grinding
- Prescription interpretation
- Theory of light
- Finishing, fitting and adjusting of eyeglasses and frames
- Ethics of relationship in respect to patient and physician or optometrist
- Anatomy and physiology
- Administrative duties
The optician examination is given by the Virginia State Board of Opticians.