This training establishes a basis for understanding how the environment impacts children's growth and development. It provides participants with information related to planning and establishing an environment that encourages independence, exploration, and skill development for preschool children. It will also present information on selecting materials that are appropriate for children who represent a wide range of skills and knowledge. In addition, the importance of the daily schedule is presented as an integral part of establishing a constructive environment for preschool children.
- Review the physical, language, cognitive, and social/emotional developmental domains of preschool children.
- Gain insight into how aspects of the environment affect children's development.
- Learn how to assess their child care environment and evaluate their daily schedule.
- Lean how to plan an environment that supports the positive behavior of preschoolers.
- Describe how the developmental domains should be considered when selecting, storing, and arranging materials.