This course discusses the care and development of children ages three to five. It focuses on the growth and development of preschoolers. Ages and Stages are organized into the physical, language, cognitive, and social/emotional domains. In this class participants will learn the reasons for and the means of gaining knowledge about the ages and stages and will examine each of the domains in detail.
- Identify and understand desirable characteristics of caregivers of three to five year old children.
- Gain insight about why and how we study children, including the importance of observation.
- Define ages and stages and be introduced to the domains of physical, language, cognitive, and social/emotional development.
- Examine how the different domains are interrelated and how that affects development.
- Learn effective strategies for sharing developmental information with parents.