This course is designed to provide a wide variety of health care professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe and timely and effective manager.
- Describe the steps taken during the initial patient assessment
- Demonstrate how to open the airway and perform CPR on an adult and child patient
- Demonstrate how to open the airway and perform CPR for an infant
- Describe how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Identify emergency situations that may present special challenges for the health care provider
- Describe how to approach and manage a patient with a possible head or neck injury, a near-drowning victim, hypothermia, and electrocution