This class is the fourth in a series of topics related to the care and development of children ages three to five years. This class will explore the ages and stages of development for the 3 to 5 year old child and examine the role a provider plays in guiding the behavior of the preschool-age child. Positive behavior support, misbehavior, and strategies to change inappropriate behavior will be discussed.
- Learn the definition of positive behavior support and how this differs from punishment.
- Learn what factors impact the behavior of three to five year old preschoolers.
- Understand why misbehavior occurs and learn ways to prevent it.
- Identify strategies to change inappropriate behavior and encourage behavior that is appropriate for preschoolers.
- Learn techniques for sharing concerns about behavior with parents, and sharing behavioral strategies for use at home.